6 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Beeswax Candles
There are a host of reasons as to why you should consider switching to beeswax candles. If you are someone who cares about the environment and your home, switching to beeswax candles is a really simple way in which to uphold these values.
So, what exactly makes beeswax candles so great?
- Naturally sourced. Beeswax is made from bees, meaning that all beeswax candles are completely chemical free. They are the oldest known candles in human history, and for good reason!
- Environmentally friendly. Beeswax is a renewable resource due to being made by bees, the perfect choice for the environmentally conscious - and shouldn’t we all strive to be?
- Non-toxic. Paraffin candles are much more toxic than most people are aware of. They are carcinogenic and filled with toxins due to the bleaching process they go through before ending up on shop shelves. While they might smell nice, they are actually doing more harm than good. Due to beeswax candles being natural, it means they don’t go through the same processing, so you can enjoy beautiful, great smelling candles that are completely safe.
- They smell amazing. While the environmental and health reasons for switching to beeswax candles are very important, you still want the NZ candle you’re buying to smell great and neutralise any odours in your home. Our fragrance oils are a safest option to burn inside you home offering a superior scent throw which picks up on the honey and floral notes from the beeswax itself.
- Burn brighter. Beeswax candles burn brighter than other candles. Interestingly, they actually burn the same light spectrum as the sun does, creating overall better light and atmosphere in your home.
- High melting point. Having a high melting point allows our scented candles to carry a higher fragrance load, thus, your candle is stronger scented.
We personally think beeswax candles are the obvious choice. While you may spend a little more than paraffin candles, the rewards are so much higher. By eliminating any health risks for people at home means you can have great smelling, non-toxic candles burning around your home (for much longer) while being kind to the environment.
Why not rely on what nature has provided for us and swap your regular candles for beeswax ones? Upgrading little things around your home like this can make such a difference to the overall ambience.