How to care for your Abeille candle - Burn rules 101
When it comes to beeswax, there are some 'ground keeping' rules when it comes to burning your candle.
Why? Beeswax is a little different to soy-wax candle! They need more TLC when it comes to burning and caring for your Abeille candle, to ensure you get the best quality, best results, longer burn time and to burn evenly.
- 1) Burning your candle for the first time? Exciting WE KNOW! But, don't rush this. As the first burn is the most crucial part to the burn rules. You MUST burn your candle for 4 hours, this allows enough time to completely melt the top of your candle right to the edge (or as close as it can get) to the jar, creating what we call "the perfect burn pool".
- This then provides the candle with its memory. If you extinguish your candle before the top has fully melted it will tunnel downwards for the rest of its candle life.
- TRIM YOUR WICKS! You can do this with your fingers by breaking off the 'burnt' wood-wick or with scissors, a wick trimmer (or even nail clippers). Please ensure you do this before relighting your candle each time. If you don't, it will cause your candle to smoke, create an uneven flicker and may even effect the wax to burn unevenly.
- Keep all candles out of reach of children and pets. Our kitten is very intrigued by the noice from the wood-wick!
- Lastly, always burn your candle within sight, and ensure you extinguish when leaving a room and before going to sleep. Never burn near anything that can catch fire, and is burning on a stable, heat-resistant surface AND never burn your candle to the bottom of the container.